1. When you woke up this morning, could you see the alarm clock? Well then you are blessed! 39 million blind people didn’t get to enjoy that simple joy this morning.
2. Did you wake up in a bed this morning? Almost 600,000 people in our country woke up homeless this morning. So count that bed, and the roof over your head, as two of your “little” blessings today!
3. Did you experience the joy of sitting in traffic this morning on your way to work? If so, that little blessing is one that over 7 million people in our country did not get to enjoy. Be thankful for the traffic, and the job that you were traveling to.
4. Did you get up and go pee this morning? Did you know that 6 out of 10 people in the world don’t have access to a flushable toilet??!! Next time you take a bathroom break…give thanks for that little miracle!
5. Feeling overwhelmed from keeping up with your family’s busy schedule today? Be thankful you’re part of a family at all. Did you know that over 450,000 children are in the foster care system in our country? They would love to be part of your family's busy day today!
It’s easy to get caught up in the minutia of life and not appreciate all that you have. Even when life hands you burdens, remind yourself of all the blessings you still have.
Take 5 minutes to write down all your blessings today and you’ll be surprised at all that you have to be grateful for. So look around and appreciate the blessings that surround you every single day!